Purchasing a refrigerator might sound like an easy task, but it can get complicated if you are unaware of different brands and their features. The brand value is considered to be of top priority in a country like India. From being a luxury to being a necessity, a refrigerator has come a long way in Indian households.
Two of the pioneer refrigerator brands of India are LG and Samsung. Both of these brands sell refrigerators loaded with features and styles. However, people often tend to confuse which brand is better. So, if you are considering buying either an LG or a Samsung refrigerator for your home and cannot decide on one, you have come to the right place. This blog will be all about a detailed comparison between LG vs Samsung refrigerators and their features.
Samsung is one of the most popular brands for a variety of electronic products across the globe. Samsung entered India in 1995, and since then, it has become one the most trusted brands when it comes to the refrigeration segment. Dependability, versatility, and customer care service are the things that set this brand apart from others and make it one of the most preferred choices among Indian customers. It has managed to mark territory for itself in the last 2 decades. Samsung today holds a significant share in the appliance market of India due to its sleek product design, quality, and innovative technology. It has created several benchmarks for innovations, for which it has gained a lot of buyers in the Indian market.
Unique Features in Samsung Refrigerators
1. FlexZone technology: This remarkable technology helps convert your fridge into a freezer and vice versa temporarily, just with the push of a button.
2. Metal cooling feature: This feature helps maintain a constant uniform temperature inside the refrigerator.
3. Autofill Water Pitcher feature: This feature enables your refrigerator to fill up water automatically once someone has taken out some water from the pitcher. It ensures that you never run out of chilled drinking water.
4. Different door configurations: The Samsung refrigerators come with varying door options such as French door, Side by Side door, Top mount freezer, and Single-door.
5. Samsung refrigeration models like the Family Hub series is known to offer some fantastic features that include:
- voice activation/control using Bixby’s Assistant
- touchscreen door
- notifications and alerts on the status of the items
Most of the latest Samsung refrigerators feature a digital inverter compressor. This helps with energy consumption as well as increasing the preservation duration of the food. It is the best technology for efficient cooling as well.
Few Samsung refrigerator models have cameras on them that help you access the refrigerator from the home screen itself without opening it.
Samsung models like RT65K7 and RT61K7 come with an interesting 5-in-1 convertible feature and offer 5 different modes like Normal mode, Extra Fridge mode, Seasonal mode, Vacation mode, and Home Alone mode.
Samsung features Twin Cooling System, Active Fresh Keeper technology, and Anti-Bacterial Gasket.
- The modern Samsung model comes with inbuilt water & ice dispenser with Power Cool and Power Freeze technology.
- Another important feature that the Samsung brand provides is shelves made of toughened glass designed to endure a weight as heavy as 150 kilograms.
- Samsung models come with digital inverter and solar connect to conserve electricity.
Established in 1947 by the name of “Lucky-Goldstar,” LG is a South Korean multinational conglomerate corporation located at the LG Twin Towers building in Yeouido-dong, Seoul. Due to the lack of brand awareness, LG had to overcome a few challenges, which included high import duty, competition from other brands like Samsung, Indian consumer’s price sensitiveness, competition from local and multinational companies in the consumer electronics division, etc. So, to make itself a popular brand, LG initiated several marketing and promotional strategies that were innovative enough to help LG achieve its position today in India.
To build up ground as a genuine player, LG worked persistently on its service and administration networks that went far in giving the best after-sale service to its clients. Today LG is an organization of 1000 service centers and 40,000+ employees. With almost 40% share in the refrigerator market and approximately 20% CAGR in volume, LG has become a prevailing player in today’s era.
Unique Features in LG Refrigerators
1. Textured steel finish and Platinum fresh wall design.
2. LG dual fridge features can turn the Freezer into Refrigerator.
3. LG brand features an InstaView Door-in-Door facility with auto open functionality.
4. It has the option of thorough and fast cooling by Door Cooling+ with Multi Air Flow feature.
5. LG refrigerators are available with solar panels, making them Solar Smart. This feature helps to generate a DC voltage when sunlight is incident directly on the panel.
6. The premium LG models contain the Smart Diagnosis feature, which facilitates fast and easy troubleshooting of the issues in the refrigerator.
7. One of the recent advancements of LG refrigerator models includes Hygiene Fresh+ Anti-bacterial Gasket induction.
8. Moist balance crisper with toughened glass is another exciting feature of LG refrigerators, which helps regulate moisture inside the fridge to keep the food items fresh.
9. Modern LG models are fitted with bright yet efficient LED lighting inside the refrigerator.
10. Few recent models have a Wi-Fi connectivity option that enables users to control and monitor their refrigerators from smartphones.
LG Vs Samsung Refrigerator Features
1. Star Rating
The first thing coming to our minds while getting any appliances for our homes is energy consumption. An energy-efficient refrigerator is ideal for meeting your family’s needs by reducing the burden on your electricity bill. Since both of these brands are much similar to each other in functionality, it can be said that each one is just as efficient as the other.
The energy star label on your refrigerator determines on what level your refrigerator is efficient in terms of energy consumption. However, it has been noted that in the battle of LG vs Samsung Fridge, LG consumes the least amount of energy and manages to save around 48% of energy. Samsung too provides few unique energy-saving features, but LG is at the top when it comes to efficient energy consumption. Most of the LG fridge models are available with less energy consumption options. If you aren’t sure about how much energy your refrigerator is consuming, check our article on how to calculate fridge energy consumption.
Both LG, as well as Samsung, don’t have ordinary compressors. LG refrigerator models are fitted with Smart Inverter Compressors. These compressors can adjust the cooling power of the fridge according to the amount of food stored inside it hence;, the energy consumption is reduced by 40%.
When it comes to Samsung, it is run by a Digital Inverter Compressor. These compressors have the power to work in 5 different cycles according to the humidity and usage pattern. Digital Inverter Compressors are the upgraded models of conventional start and stop-cycle compressors and are known to maintain consistency in temperature. These compressors come with more durability and less noise.
Different refrigerator brands have different models with a variety of interior designs in them. LG and Samsung refrigerators offer quite the same kind of interiors, storage, and shelving options. Different models of these two brands provide attractive and convenient interiors. Let’s dive deeper into a few interior options that LG and Samsung offer.
Samsung has the following features included in the interiors:
- 2 shelves
- 1 convertible box
- 1 vegetable box
- 1 easy-slide tray in the middle
- 1 multipurpose box with three different compartments
- Water bottle space
- LG’s interior has the following features:
- 2 shelves
- 1 convertible box
- 1 vegetable Box
- 1 pull out tray
- Bottle space for regular and larger bottles
4. CoolPad Technology
While owning a refrigerator, you might come across a few difficulties, such as constant power failures and repairs. The refrigerator’s temperature must be maintained throughout to avoid any kind of damage to the food stored inside from bacterial and fungal activities. This is where the CoolPad technology comes into play.
A cool pad is a part/feature of the refrigerator that is a gel-like plate helping keep the food items fresh during a power cut. Both LG and Samsung have a cool pad as an internal embedded technology. It is a savior for the non-metro cities having frequent power cuts.
Both the refrigerators can be afforded at a price of approximately ₹25,000 and also at a discount if you prefer buying it online during a sale.
6. Customer Service
LG has emerged as a distinguished brand in capturing a superior share in the refrigerator market by acing its after-sales service. But the customer service and technical support of Samsung are also considered among the best due to their quick response team handling the customer queries. However, when compared, Samsung has a long way to go before matching up to the service standards of LG.
Also Read: Direct Cool Vs Frost Free Refrigerators
Which Is Better, Samsung or LG?
Both LG and Samsung are two ruling South Korean brands that have managed to make a way to the top in India by establishing themselves in the Indian refrigerator market. These brands didn’t have such high significance in the market ten years ago, yet today they remain as the best innovative home appliances brands on the lookout. The extraordinary features of LG and Samsung can leave anybody confused to choose between the two. Both of the brands are reliable and give numerous additional characteristics to improve customer convenience. LG Vs Samsung Refrigerator review is a necessity for buyers to get an effective outline about the two.
Nonetheless, if we consider various aspects like features, interiors, energy consumption, and after-sales service, then LG is ahead of Samsung without an iota of doubt. LG refrigerator’s energy-efficient model and non-conventional compressor make it stand apart from other brands. But selecting a brand should entirely depend on the buyer’s preference relying upon their requirements. We hope this LG vs. Samsung review has helped you get a brief idea about the features that both of these brands provide and cleared all of your doubts.